Operations strategy, Retail platform, Data-driven decision, Causal inference, B2B marketplace, Supply chain, Information sharing, Consumer behavior
Papers Forthcoming/Under Review
- Cui, R., M. Li, Q. Li. Value of High-Quality Logistics: Evidence from a Clash between SF Express and Alibaba. Management Science. (Finalist of 2019 INFORMS Service Science Section Best Paper Award Competition, final ranking to be determined at 2019 Informs Conference)
- Cui, R., M. Li, J. Li, L. Yu. Wholesale Price Discrimination in Global Sourcing. Major revision at Manufacturing & Service Operations Management.
- Calvo, E., R. Cui, L. Wagner. Disclosing Product Availability in Online Retail. Minor revision at Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Practice Based Research Competition.
- Bassamboo, A., R. Cui, A. Moreno-Garcia. Wisdom of Crowds in Operations: Forecasting Using Prediction Markets. Major revision at Production and Operations Management.
- Calvo, E., R. Cui, J. Serpa. 2018. Oversight and Efficiency in Public Projects: A Regression Discontinuity Analysis. Management Science.
- Cui, R., J. Li, D. Zhang. 2018. Reducing Discrimination with Reviews in the Sharing Economy: Evidence from Field Experiments on Airbnb. Management Science.
- Cui, R., D. Zhang, A. Bassamboo. 2019. Learning from Inventory Availability Information: Evidence from Field Experiments on Amazon. Management Science, 65(3): 1216-1235.
- Cui, R., H. Shin. 2018. Sharing Aggregate Inventory Information with Customers: Strategic Cross-selling and Shortage Reduction. Management Science, 64(1): 381-400. [Appendix]
- Cui, R., S. Gallino, A. Moreno-Garcia, D. Zhang. 2017. The Operational Value of Social Media Information. Production and Operations Management, 27(10): 1749-1769.
- Cui, R., G. Allon, A. Bassamboo, J.A. Van Mieghem. 2015. Information Sharing in Supply Chains: An Empirical and Theoretical Valuation. Management Science, 61(11): 2803-2824. [Appendix]
- Cui, R.. 2018. Logistics Strategy to Retail Platforms. Harvard Business Review China. Magazine Article, November: 042-043. (哈佛商业评论中文版:电商的物流战略)
- Cui, R., J. Li, D. Zhang. 2017. A Better Way to Fight Discrimination in the Sharing Economy. Harvard Business Review. Digital Article.
- Cui, R., T. Sun. Sooner or Later? Learning from Delivery Speed Information.
- Delivery partnerships key for online sellers. 3-Apr-2019. Emory Business.
- Businesses that Experience Delivery Outages Feel Long-term Impact. 25-Mar-2019. Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- 3 Questions to Answer Before Shopping on Super Saturday. 12-Dec-2017. NerdWallet.
- Want to Improve Your Sales Forecast? Check Your Company’s Facebook Feed. 6-Sep-2017. Kellogg Insight.
- What Makes an Online Flash Sale Successful? 6-June-2017. Kellogg Insight.
- No Simple Fix to Weed Out Racial Bias in the Sharing Economy. 4-Mar-2017. Globe and Mail.
- Posting Reviews May Discourage Sharing Economy Discrimination. 3-Mar-2017. Consumeraffairs.
- New Research Looks At Ways To Help Stop Airbnb Racial Discrimination. 2-Mar-2017. NPR.
- Using Prediction Markets for Accurate Forecasts. July-2016. OnAnalytics.
Honors and Awards
- Finalist of 2019 INFORMS Service Science Section Best Paper Award Competition (final ranking will be determined at 2019 Informs Conference): Value of High-Quality Logistics: Evidence from a Clash between SF Express and Alibaba
- Second Place (Honorable Mention) of 2019 MSOM Practice-Based Paper Competition: Disclosing Product Availability in Online Retail
- Winner of 2017 INFORMS Behavioral Operations Management Section Best Working Paper: Discrimination with Incomplete Information in the Sharing Economy: Evidence from Field Experiments on Airbnb
- Finalist of 2014 Supply Chain Management Student Paper Competition at POMS: Information Sharing in Supply Chains: An Empirical and Theoretical Valuation
- 2018 Management Science Meritorious Service Award
- 2017 Management Science Distinguished Service Award
- 2018, 2017, 2016 M&SOM Meritorious Service Award